Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Superman!

Elliot is continuing to impress us more and more everyday.  On Sunday he woke up VERY swollen and his left eye could barely open, luckily he wasn't too bothered by this.  Since Sunday though, he looks better everyday and today I can't even see any swelling in his face at least. 

He is doing overall pretty good, we still have him on back to back doses of tylenol and ibuprofen (but seriously if I had to have this surgery instead of Elliot, I know I would need the GOOD drugs and he seems well managed on just the over the counter stuff).  He is still very very clingy, only wanting mommy and daddy and fussy a good part of the day and he spends a lot of time not knowing what he wants, up, down, crawling, sitting, so needless to say Byron and I are worn out and looking forward to my family arriving next week for the Holidays. 

We did have an outing yesterday to the Orthotic place and Elliot was fitted for his helmet, which should arrive right before Christmas.  When I have time I will scan the pre and post surgery scans because there is such a noticeable difference its insane.  I am so so so pleased with everything, and if I would have known it would have gone this smoothly I maybe could have slept the last 2 months!

We are enjoying our endless pajama's days and we are so thankful Elliot is doing the unexpected once again.

Very swollen forehead and eye, but still loves to eat

Daddy distracting him with the tree

Quasimodo from the Hunchback of Notre Dame

Weird, Elliot is being held

Monday, looking much much better

Forehead swelling made Elliot look kinda evil

Tuesday morning, looking good

his forehead looks so different

getting fitted for his new helmet

Happy with Daddy

close up of that new front view

1 week post surgery side view

1 week later and no more swelling






3 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see these great pictures. I think of you guys every day but do not want to be a nerd knocking on your door daily. I am still sending the energy and hoping for fast recovery for your little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, he looks sooo awesome! Such a noticeable difference, and he is such a great little trooper!! I am so glad he is healing well and quickly, and glad you will have some help with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I love the shots with the swollen eye. Looks like a good old red blooded American boy with a shiner. "You oughta see the other guy!" Merry early XMAS for all of you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete